Monday, July 23, 2012

The Beginning

I have been thinking about starting a blog for sometime and finally I am getting around to it.  I decided to do this to document my experiences, share information with others and it’s a way to live in the hobby even when I am not at an event. The postings here will all pertain to Civil War reenacting in some way.  This could include some history, gear reviews, event reports, rants and editorials.  My goal is to post something at least once a week.  The writing will be casual and conversational.  No awards are being sought after. 

Now just a bit about me.  The hobby has been part of my life since fall of 2001.  During that time I have been to many events running the full spectrum of mainstream to progressive.  I have upgraded every item in my kit at least once during this time.  Militarily I have portrayed everything from a private to a major in the infantry.  This fall I will have a chance to expand that list some more but that is for a future post.  I often see events from many different angles including being in the ranks, involved in the planning and recruiting and being in some staff position.  I enjoy the drill, material culture, the micro level view of the war and the camaraderie.  Hopefully, you will find the posts interesting and worth while to read.

1 comment:

  1. I congratulate you on finally creating a blog. I understand that it is a difficult thing to do and to manage as it requires lot of time and effort. However, once you are done with making it, you have the opportunity to express yourself.

    ReplyDelete